The purpose of the Rocky Mountain Bead Society
- Advance the study of and education about beads
- Encourage and promote public appreciation for beads and the art of beading
- Disseminate information about beads and beading
- Develop and administer programs concerning beads and beading
The Rocky Mountain Bead Society (RMBS) was founded in 1992 by Past President Leslie Sartor to help people interested in bead study and beading techniques find a way to share knowledge and explore new dimensions. Twenty-five people came to the first meeting. Today, we have over 200 members and, like our membership, our society continues to grow.
We provide exciting, informative, and relevant programs and workshops with locally and nationally recognized people in their fields. Society members frequently bring beads and their latest creations to share and sell.
Our Society has bead lovers of all descriptions. Members vary in their mediums; seed beaders, beaded jewelry, polymer clay, precious metal clay (PMC) or wire wrapping. Some of us are fine jewelers and some of us are weavers or create wearable art. Some of us are authors, business owners, artisans or speakers. But whatever we do, we have fun!
Events, Classes, and Workshops
- The RMBS sponsors monthly Programs and Classes by local and national artists.
- Our meetings are held at The Spirit of Hope Church in Englewood, CO.
Membership in the Society
- Membership in the RMBS is annually from the month you join.
- Membership fees are tiered for individuals, families, artisans and businesses
Membership includes discounted rates on monthly programs
Click here to join!
To contact a Board Member, please refer to our Contact Us page which provides email links to members, listed by their titles.